Saturday, January 11, 2014

Maybelline Baby Skin Review

IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE!! IT'S FINALLY HERE!!


The long anticipated Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser is now being sold in drugstores in the U.S.!

As soon as I heard that it had been released, I had to go search for it and I found this little beauty at my Target for $5.99.

A lot of people have compared it to the Benefit Porefessional (which retails for $30 for the same amount of product), so I had really high hopes for this, because we all know how amazing that primer is.


First I want to start out with what this primer claims to do and then I will get into the details of what I found it does for me, and whether or not you should go out and find it.
  • Instantly blurs the look of pores, without clogging them. 
  • Transparent gel formula, smooths on clear. 
  • Smoothes and refines skin's appearance. 
  • Non-comedogenic and fragrance-free.
It also says that you can use it alone or underneath your makeup for a smooth-looking finish.

 Now what are my thoughts on this product?

Basically.....I LOVE IT!!

In my eyes, Benefit Porefessional was like my #1, go to primer, me and this guy were in a committed relationship until I experienced this Baby Skin.

The Baby Skin is SLIGHTLY different from the Porefessional. It is a clear transparent gel, whereas the other is tinted. The Porefessional will fill in your pores and other imperfections, while the other blurs the look of pores, fine lines, and other imperfections. The Baby Skin leaves your skin feeling more moisturized, the Porefessional is a much drier formula.


Now with my oily/combo skin, I didn't think that I would enjoy the moisturizing aspect as much as I do, but I find that I actually like it more than the high end Porefessional.

As far as it prolonging my makeup, I don't see much of a difference between using either of them, then again, I do like to use a pretty long-wearing makeup on its own. Maybe one day soon I will wear it with a BB Cream and update on how it wears.

A few tips on applying this product, use a very small amount of it, too much makes it feel like your foundation is sliding around on your face. Also pat it into your skin then rub it in, it will help "blur" everything much better.
I used my husband as a guinea pig since his pores are more visible. On the left is with nothing on and on the right is with the Baby Skin applied.

To sum up, I definitely will not be splurging on the $30 tube of Porefessional anymore. The Baby Skin works wonderfully for me and I would much rather just spend $6. 

Let me know if you've tried it and if you liked it or not! 

Codi


No comments:

Post a Comment