Tuesday, January 14, 2014

DIY Body Scrub

So I've been brainstorming the last couple days on what to talk about, and I have a few good ideas but they're still in progress so as I was making my sugar scrub earlier today I realized this would be perfect to share!

I have been making my own sugar scrubs for almost 2 years now, I started when I got pregnant with Baylor and was trying to find ways to save more money.

This is one of the easiest at home projects you can do and you can use it for almost everything from your feet all the way to your lips and face. All of the ingredients are 100% all natural and safe, so even if your toddler gets into it and takes a bite or two...they will be perfectly fine and probably going back for more!

So here is what you will need:

  • a small container (I use a small tupperware container) 
  • coconut oil 
  • sugar (white or brown either will work fine) 
  • honey 
These are items that are always in my house so I can whip up a new batch whenever I need it.

The steps are pretty self explanatory, you spoon some coconut oil into your container, about 3/4 full to allow room for mixing, add a few tablespoons of your choice of sugar and then a tablespoon or so of honey and then mix really well.

I use this little concoction for almost everything, especially this time of year! I scrub with it in the shower to get a super close shave and it leaves my skin super hydrated afterwards, you can use it as an exfoliator for your face, you will feel really clean after using it (the coconut oil is my all time favorite makeup remover!) And you can use it to exfoliate your lips to remove any dry flaky patches that are very noticeable when you apply your favorite lipstick. After gently massaging it across your dry lips you just wipe off with a damp washcloth and put on some lip balm! Your lips will be noticeably smoother immediately!

My husband often makes fun of me for how much I use this stuff for anything and everything..but it works!!

I hope you try it out and enjoy it!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment